Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Question for My Fellow Film Buffs

Recently (read: over the last 24 hours), I have become very interested in film scores. This is the extent to which I have no life. This is also an indication to my having just watched Schindler's List. And cried. For the zillionth time. Because Hollywood has a special knack for making gut-wrenching Nazi movies.

Now, because I am L-A-Z-Y, and because I have such an intelligent readership, I will ask you a question that will doubtlessly save me lots of time researching the best (and hopefully saddest) film scores. 

So, my darling readers, what is your favourite film score? 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. The Fountain <<< This one is a must-have. It's just perfect.

2. Grosse Pointe Blank

3. Garden State

4. Trainspotting

5. The Truman Show

^^^ They're all great movies, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just re-read your post and noticed you said film SCORES not SOUNDTRACKS.. d'oh! Well, ignore the 2,3 and 4.

1 and 5 are scores, and they are amazing.

I also liked the scores of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Donnie Darko.

Eureka said...

I loved the Eternal Sunshine score. I've only heard "Mad World" off Donnie Darko. Thanks for the recommendations bajagafaga! I'll definitely check them out :)

Unknown said...

That's my top 10 list, and the best thing(s) that made me love them...

- The Shawshank Redemption: Story, Acting
- The Green Mile: Story, Acting
- Forrest Gump: Story, Acting & Music
- The Godfather: (the whole trilogy) Acting, Directing, Music
- Lion of the desert / Omar el Mukhtar: Directing, Acting
- The Message / Al Resala: DIRECTING
- Ratatouille: Fun, Directing & Story
- WALL-E: Fun, Directing, Story & Music
- Lawrence of Arabia: Acting & MUSIC
- The Departed: Story, Directing & Acting

and btw.. check imdb's top 250 list
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Anonymous said...

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Some people find the story a bit excessive in fantasy
The acting, directing, effects, music and everything else is great

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape