Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Obligatory Resolutions-to-be-Broken Post

So I've been pretty sucky lately regarding all this blogging business. I have nothing to say, I have no fun stories to tell, I have no boring stories to tell, and I basically have no thoughts worth mentioning; they are neither silly, nor random, nor insightful in any way. They no longer come neatly packaged in cloud-shaped thought bubbles, are unaccompanied by bright yellow light bulbs, and are never followed by a laugh track, a giggle, or even a snort. 

It has become so bad that I now don't even daydream significantly. That used to be my claim to fame! Sit me anywhere and I could switch off and wander through the many lands and scenarios of my mind watermelons (because mine are significantly bigger than grapes). 

What happened? I honestly don't know. I'm not depressed. I'm not sick. I'm not morose in any way. I think I'm just demotivated by life in general. Nothing new is happening. I don't have a specific group of people I can call mine. I'm just bouncing around aimlessly, going from work to home, work laptop to home laptop, and the occasional night out with a different set of people every time. I have no steady distraction from the mundane. That kind of allows your mind to switch off, never to be restarted again. The amount of time I waste online doesn't help matters either. 

I seem to be complaining about this often, but never do anything about it. Which conveniently leads me to the point of this post. I resolve to climb out of my persistent funk in the following ways:

  1. I will rekindle my friendships and reestablish my social circles by going out more often;
  2. I will take up yoga. This is because I figured it was the only way I could tone up the flab a bit without exerting too much effort. I still refuse to actually (shudder) exercise;
  3. I will lose 5 kilograms by eating better along with the yoga;
  4. I will make work more stimulating by branching out more from number crunching;
  5. I will travel more often, and not just to shop.
Those are the changed I would like to go through with in 2009. Whether or not I ever will is up for debate. I'm thinking I'll achieve 1 or 2 at best out of 5. But hey, that would be a start, wouldn't it? 

Fingers crossed!

Happy New Year everyone!


3 comments:

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

O no you didn't! Watch your back, Eureka.

A lot of our resolutions are similar. Maybe we can form some sort of support group. Even if it didn't help, we'd at least get to see each other (thereby helping to achieve resolution 1). It's perfect!

Eureka said...

hahah loves it! Resolutions-Breakers Anonymous!

Osiris Kane said...

Does anyone still come up with resolutions?

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape