Friday, February 27, 2009

The End of the Honeymoon as I Know It

I knew this day would come. Eventually. I hoped I wouldn't have to face it for another 6 months or so. Unfortunately, the moment of disenchantment is upon us. 

I have found a reason to be less than enraptured with my Mac. 

I have been trying to install the OSX 10.5.6 software update for the last three days. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the damn thing refuses to install. It freezes at the "configuring installation" step. 

I've googled high and low to no avail. I've followed every Mac support page to the letter. 

Delete update and re-download? Check. 
Download 600+Mb Combo update instead of stand-alone version? Check. 
Bang your head again a brick wall until mush? Check, check, check. 

And yet, nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. It just won't budge. 

And to add insult to injury: if this were a PC, I would have known exactly what to do to fix it. 

Sigh. 

Save me, whoever remain of my single digit readership! Have any of you found a solution to this catastrophe? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could go to trend line and ask them to install it for you

Eureka said...

Sigh, yes of course. But that would defeat the purpose of the exercise. I want to learn how to troubleshoot myself. So much easier on a PC.

Unknown said...

Believe me if that was a PC, you wouldn't even be able to write that blog post by now,, cuz if an update installation gets messed up,, it never works right after

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape