Monday, February 23, 2009

Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Sometimes Blue

Seeing as I seem to pretty much suck at posting decent content on a regular basis, I have decided to try borrowing ideas off other more successful blogs. 

At first I thought I'd take ideas or themes they discuss and present my take on them. However, I have the mind of a highly influential 12-year-old, so I will rarely - if ever - veer from the consensus on all issues. If anything, I'd just repeat their ideas verbatim and not even realize that I had no input whatsoever. 

So I thought to myself, what do I enjoy on a daily basis that I could share with others? Aside from posting links I find interesting, of course. Because then I'd just become a very bad version of The Huffington Post, minus the intellectual bits. 

Then, lightbulb moment. I listen to my iPod every day, don't I? And I'm constantly looking for new music, aren't I? So why not recommend songs I like? Sort of like Let Me Like It and Music Ramen, minus the in-depth analysis, consistency, and coolness factors.

I will do this on a trial basis, beginning with Mellow Music Mondays, where I will recommend the kind of depressing music I listen to in the mornings before I've finished my half litre of coffee, and at night as I nod off. Thursdays will be of the Thumpin' kind, which basically means it'll be everything Mondays are not: loud, anthem-y pop and rock to get us into the weekend mood. 

Sometimes I will add my thoughts to the post, sometimes I will not. We'll see how it goes.

Thus, to inaugurate Mellow Music Mondays, kindly turn your attention to Matthew Perryman Jones singing "Feels Like Letting Go":


No comments:

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape