Monday, June 30, 2008

Tying Up Some Loose Ends

Seeing as I am in a wholly uncreative and/or funny mood (creativity and humour do not necessarily coincide, hence the /), I shall take this opportunity to keep you informed rather than entertained.

1. Today, June 30th, is Space Cadet's 15th birthday. Never mind the fact that he looks 19. He is 15 as of 35 minutes ago. Space Cadet's first words to Mummy when she called to wish him a happy birthday (she is currently out shisha-ing with the father - told you I'd be informative tonight) were "What did you buy me?" This would seem to be a completely normal question coming from a 15-year-old on his birthday. However, my vaccuumforbrains brother was physically present at the purchasing of his present as he picked it out himself (how'd you like all that alliteration). And no, he was not joking. How I wish he were.

2. Bloft's MacBook (black) arrived from NYC yesterday afternoon. I haven't seen her since. Thankfully, there isn't the tell-tale stench of rotting flesh wafting from her room, so I believe it is safe to assume she is alive. She won't be much longer, though. The parents are plotting her slow and excruciating demise due to a terrible report card this year. Pray for her. The parents are vicious. And their executions are akin to medieval public hangings. Scratch that, medieval public hangings are akin to my parents' executionary skills. They taught ye olde people everything.

3. I don't mean to jinx myself, but it seems like Mr. Boss Man just might be lightening up the workload this week. Cross your fingers!

4. Bloft, the mother, and I leave to London on July 5th (the males will join us a week later). That's 5 days and counting. I cannot wait; I've been dying for a break for what feels like 29 centuries and a millennium. We shall be gone for about a month. During this month, I do not think I will be able to post much, if at all. This is due to my almost utter shunning of all things internet while in London. It is my annual internet detox. No email, no blogs, no MSN, nothing. Nada. Zilch. Maybe email one time. Twice at most. Unless I happen to visit the Apple store. Checking mail at the Apple store doesn't count. This is because internet at the Apple store is free. We like free.

5. If by some magical random crossing of url connection this blog has any readership based in London (or will happen to be visiting London while I'm there) please feel free to drop me a line and we'll grab a drink at the Common Room, which happens to be an ideal place because a) it's chilled and relaxing and cool, b) it's near my abode so I won't get lost, and c) it's somewhere you definitely won't have been so I'll feel all cool and Londony showing you something new!

I think that covers my housekeeping for the time being. Hopefully I'll manage another post (a proper one) before I skedaddle off across the European continent. If I don't, fret not. I love you anyway.

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape