Thursday, June 5, 2008

A First

I think I may be the only person (at least that I know of) whose date's boss secretly pays for dinner as we eat.

We walk into the restaurant and he finds his boss sitting at the first table we see, so he says hello and I politely smile and nod in the man's direction. No, he did not introduce me. Strike two of the night, so far*.

I must admit the evening was otherwise pleasant. Cannot fault him on cuteness, charm, or conversation. We shall go into all the reasons I don't think this will go anywhere another time, I promise (I know that's what you all want to read, anyway).

Anyway, where was I? He asks for the cheque at the end of dinner only to be informed that his boss had taken care of everything. Really. Who does that? It was very nice of the man, but seriously? Does the date look like he's 5? Or does he make peanuts for a living? Don't really know what to make of the situation.

But hey, at least it's a new one!

*The first strike was making me walk to his car when he overshot my house, thereby allowing 6 ridiculously crass boys in the street cat call and follow me in my tight, hot dress. That was scary and embarrassing. AND he didn't bother opening doors for me. Terrible terrible manners. Tsk.

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape