Sunday, January 18, 2009

Self-Absorbed

For some reason, I've found it extremely difficult to log onto this page. I can't seem to wrap my head around writing something somewhat funny about nothing at all. Maybe it's because the big bad job is not so bad at the moment. Maybe it's because I've run out of things to talk to you about without being repetitive - which I have been on more than one occasion already, anyway. It feels like my posts have been redundant at best. And I don't like being boring, or redundant, or anything resembling myself in the virtual little world I've built myself here. This is the one place where I can highlight the more entertaining bits of life without having to pass through the mundane as well. Now there aren't even any funny bits to post here. 

Not that I'm unhappy. Nor am I depressed to any extent. Life is comfortable. That's just it. It is nothing out of the ordinary. I don't really want to write about ordinary without it being uplifting somehow. My recent posts haven't been uplifting - aside from the links to comedic sketches that aren't even mine to receive any credit for. 

Even with life changing, everything continues to be the same. People come and go, and its like their presence had no impact. They are seldom remembered or missed. You're here, great; you're not, doesn't make a difference. Drama erupts and is eventually resolved. I'm not better or worse off because of it. Some days are good, others are bad. At the end of the day, I go to bed the same as I'd gotten up. Content, normal, comfortable. I have no drive or reason to change, even though I know I should. I believe I can do a lot more. I am certain I can become so much more than the path I am currently on will allow me to be. Yet I have no reason other than that arbitrary belief to change. Am I obligated to shake my life up purely on the basis of some self-awareness of potential? Why risk it? 

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape