Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Upskirt Moment #1

There are those rare days when I wake up in the mood to wear a skirt. To the average female reader, skirts shouldn’t be a problem. On the contrary, they are rather comfortable little things that allow one to feel quietly pleased with oneself all day. A sort of mini pick-me-up if you will.

Sadly, skirts are also prone to morphing into quagmires.

Aside from the obvious harassment issues so ubiquitous on the streets of Cairo, I feel it is imperative that I warn all skirt-donning women that – thanks to Al Gore’s version of the weather forecast – November in Cairo is now blustery (read: gale force winds). Yes, that is when the air comes up from underneath you and decides to assist you in the undressing process. In the middle of the corniche. Thereby giving everyone exiting my office building prime view of me in all my glory. Thereby also allowing the security guards to audibly snicker and snort with glee. Early Christmas present, folks.

Special thanks to the three men on that rickety Vespa who decided I was in need of a firm reprimand as they puttered by.

2 comments:

D said...

HAhahahaa, eurekaaaa. that sounds like a moment i should have witnessed...and the fact that u rarely wear skirts. sowwyyyy ;)

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Sorry I missed it! If I was there, I would have yelled obscenities at you - in the pervy way ;)

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape