Thursday, February 21, 2008

Practicing for Stupidity

So I've been thinking, what's wrong with dumping everything - responsibilities, careers, family obligations, basically all those factors of doing the right thing - for a whirlwind lifestyle in some aesthetically pleasing place like Hollywood or NYC? Why not just throw all caution to the wind and live like a celebrity - even if there is no chance in hell that you'll ever become one?

I don't want the fame, I don't need the fortune, so why not live the life of a pampered trust fund baby in a city where you'll get everything and anything you want just by having the right attitude?

Yes, fine. I know it'll become mind-numbingly boring, but why do I even need a mind when it can be thusly numbed?

I'll end up addicted to something or other. But I'm already addicted to 1000+ prescriptions and I have a deep-rooted love affair with a dark little bean called cocoa, so what else is new? Cocaine is just the rich man's chocolate. Plus, rehab provides you with a whole other level of notoriety.

I'll have to hit the gym/starve myself. Already starved half to death because of my difficult eating habits. The gym would actually serve as an improvement. Hollywood will make me healthier because of the exercise requirement and the healthy eating craze there.

I'll be stuck dating pretty actors/Hollywood types. Ummm... 1) not like I'm dating successfully here, 2) they're fit and paying; I'm game!

So far the only downside to moving to a life of frivolity is being forced to subject myself to Paris Hilton-types. But hell, I'm sure I'll find smart celebrity-types somewhere out there.

Only in America would stupidity by so richly rewarded. With the lack of stimulation I'm finding being intelligent, I'll be happy to trade!

I think I'll give Cairo another 2-3 years. If I'm not successful/happy by then, fancy free Hollywood here I come.

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape