Saturday, November 8, 2008

Let's Try It Again, Shall We?

After last winter's failed attempt at landing in Paris, a second try is now upon us. Roonies and I will be flying to Paris tomorrow morning, and will be back on Saturday evening. 

How did I manage such a feat after a month off in London, you ask? By catching Mr. Boss Man off guard with puppy eyes, a whimper, a sad little smile, and after an extremely long day at the office. I think he was so apprehensive after my intro that he was relieved into submission by the actual request. The conversation went something like this:

It is 8pm and we are wrapping up a project. 

Eureka: Mr. Boss Man? I have a really really awful request and, seriously, if it'll upset you even a decimal point of a percent, just say no, and I'll completely and totally understand. [Insert big watery eyes, raised eyebrows, and scared smile here]

Mr. Boss Man: Whoa, what's up? 

Eureka: Well, my friend is going to Paris next week and invited me along, and since accommodation is free, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. But if it's a problem I won't be upset, I know it's a lot to ask with the Swede gone and everything. [Apply hopeful, 4-year-old asking for a pet expression here]

Mr. Boss Man: Oh, go have fun. You scared me I thought something was horribly wrong! Just had over your projects to the new girl and, if you can, pick up my nephew's asthma medicine with the prescription I'll have sent to you. 

And with that, Paris Trip Attempt 2 was conceived.

I already know the one out of 6 and a half of you that resides in Paris, but if, by any chance, one of the other five and a half of you happens to be there anytime during the week, drop me a line! I could definitely use to company (and the human shield) seeing as Roonies will be spending most of the week in a highly intelligent and probably pretentious and boring World Bank finance-related course. 

I, on the other hand, will be spending copious amounts of Daddy's (and, sadly, my) money at Printemps. And over-priced bistro's. Because I never learnt how to live on a budget and tend to live beyond my means. 

I will probably indulge my faux-artsy side as well... Just to say I didn't spend the whole time shopping. A trip to Montmartre for some moules should do the trick. 

Adieu mes amis!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun and do some sight seeing and partying as well
visit the beautiful gardens in paris which we lack in cairo
hope you have a blast with roonies :)

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Oo, moules! Jealous of your trip already! Hope you and Roonies don't kill each other by the end of the trip. (In the event that that DOES happen though, I have no problem 'inheriting' her purchases.) Miss you girls, and so much for keeping this a secret!

Anonymous said...

my cousin is a baller ... hahaha

hope all is well erika, take care.

Sherif

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape