Friday, October 2, 2009

Cairo BerryCam

Last night a little thought bubble popped up above my head filled with a big lightbulb. Living in Cairo means spending a lot of time stuck in traffic, which thereby gives the average passenger a lot of time to look out their window and observe (or choose to ignore) Cairo's bustling (and dirty) streets. Just about every street in Cairo is guaranteed to have two things: something interesting and something gross. Both are usually worth photographing.

So, I decided to test my little theory out in an extended art/photography project in a blog I am calling Cairo BerryCam. I will take pictures from my car rides around Cairo using my built-in Blackberry camera and post them on said blog. Sometimes they will be of something pretty, sometimes of something interesting, sometimes something disgusting. But always from a moving vehicle and always of/in the greater Cairo area. This includes Giza, New Cairo/Katameya and all the extended Cairo districts.

Anyone interested in participating is free to comment on www.cairocam.blogspot.com or email me their photo, name/nickname and caption at eurekaisms@gmail.com

2 comments:

thingsonmymindgrapes said...

Had this idea in the car the other day too, but laziness got the best of me. Will e-mail you with a photo of the pyramids and part of my car (I was driving, cut me some slack!).

Eureka said...

Great minds! I think a lot of people have had this thought at some point. Cairo is a visually eclectic city so there is a lot worth documenting.

I took pictures of the pyramid from my car today, too! Will post yours with those when you send :)

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape