Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sewage System for Tea

Yesterday, we went to my aunt's house for a Good Friday meal and tea. When tea time came around, I went to the kitchen to make myself a cup. Once the kettle came to a boil, I began to pour the water into the mug.

I noticed something black flow down with the water. Unfortunately, the teabag was already in the mug, so the liquid was too dark to see what was inside. So I hunted around with my teaspoon a little to make sure there was nothing there that wasn't supposed to be there.

Lo and behold, a little cockroach was in my tea.

Yes. A black icky cockroach, the size of my index finger's first section (from the tip to the first joint) had been in the kettle.

Apparently, my aunt had removed the little filter nozzle from the faucet and so as I filled the kettle, the cockroach came down into it from our lovely water system.

This is the cleanliness of the water in fair Egypt. Don't drink the water, folks.

Unless you want to collect cockroaches to fry. In that case, let the faucets flow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it very difficult to believe that the cockroach came from the faucet; it is much more likely that the cockroach was camping inside the kettle, waiting.

Not everything has to be blamed on Egypt, you know.

Eureka said...

That's the first thought that came to mind. But then I inspected the kettle and found that there is a filter between the spout and the area holding the water. Being Eureka, I was too lazy to open the kettle up to fill it and filled it through the spout. So the cockraoch couldn't have been in the kettle because it couldn't have passed through the kettle's filter.

It must have come from the faucet. And no, it couldn't have been in the kettle's spout waiting because my cousin and grandfather had made tea a few minutes prior. It would have fallen into the first cup made in that case.

La Gitana said...

But faucets have s
small filters on them too, with very tiny holes, a bug would be too big to pass through the holes in a faucet.

Eureka said...

That is the filter that had been removed. The tiny little filter on the faucet nozzle. That's why the bug came through.

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape