Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Destination: Relaxation (And Wife Hunting on the Side)

Babar and I spent most of the day in his office as we were one of the few idiots to go to work today. We are also one of the few idiots to go to work tomorrow. Not because we are dedicated (well, he is, but seeing as I am not, he must conform) but because we have nothing better to do. I forwarded my calls to his phone (preparation for the unlikely event of my boss calling) and exchanged stories from our long weekend.

Babar, who is the loveliest person in existence (which means I am actively channeling Austen's Emma and hunting for a wife for him - eligible ladies apply within) spent the last three days in Marsa Alam (as yet unspoiled Red Sea fishing village) and came back in ecstasy. He also came back redder than a Man United jersey and with most of his head peeling off, but that's another story.

Note that Babar is very difficult to please. So if he fell in love with Marsa Alam and came back completely relaxed, then Marsa Alam should equate that to divine blessings from the Pope and the Dalai Lama combined. The ground visibly shakes when Babar is in the vicinity. The whole floor must be warned when he enters the building to find cover and protect their eyes from his holy glow.



His Grace described crystal turquoise waters, abundant marine life, untouched beaches and all that jazz, as you can see from the photo above. Babar had a very stressful couple of weeks at work, so he needed this. I should know, I had to wiggle, jiggle, contort my face, tell embarrassing stories and make a right fool of myself several times in feeble attempts to cheer him up. So anyone in need of a break, Babar recommends Marsa Alam.

And now, a few words on Babar himself (for all you ladies waiting with bated breath. You know I wasn't going to disappoint):

Babar is a gentle giant. Fantabulously talented, he is very good at what he does (and juggles a million more responsibilities in several positions than the average 25-year-old) meaning he will go very far in life. He has countless interests and will give everything a try. He is intellectual without being pretentious. He is kind, patient and compassionate without being soppy. He is spontaneous, he is hilarious, his joie de vivre is enviable, and he is an amazing friend and gentlemen. He even paid for lunch today. Yes, those kinds of men still exist! In a word, he's perfect.

So ladies, email your resumes. I'd take him myself, but I can't bring myself to put him through all my commitmentphobic baggage and megalomaniac complexes. The boy is much too good to be damaged.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought all the men you work with were taken...

Eureka said...

This one isn't one of the direct 6. And he's of your clan, so I can't take him.

Anonymous said...

ha, 'of your clan.' Love it. It's not like you have to take him FOREVER. wink wink. Miss you Eureka!

Eureka said...

Miss you more nesticleez! When are you coming home?

Forsoothsayer said...

i pimped out my male friends on my blog too :)
momken akhdo laffa if he's hot.

All Rights Reserved

© 2009 Eurekaisms Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape